About this Course
The Surfing Australia Level 1 Introduction to Judging Course offers a sound knowledge base of understanding of the role of a surfing judge, what the judges look for when scoring surfing performances, the basic competition rules, and a comprehensive breakdown of all criteria in Shortboard, Longboard and SUP surfing disciplines.
If you have a passion for both surfing and personal development, completing this course is the initial pathway to accomplish your goals and positively contribute to your club and regional surfing competitions.
On completion of this course along with the necessary course requisites/credentials you will achieve a Surfing Australia L1 Foundation Judge accreditation.
If you plan to judge at a state or higher level, you will need to complete the Surfing Australia Level 2 Professional Judging Course and achieve hours of experience (20 hours) for a Level 2 Progression Judge accreditation and extra 80 hours for a Level 3 Elite Judge accreditation which is recognised by the ISA (International Surfing Association).
The Level 1 Introduction to Judging Course consists of online learning modules and interactive video judging exercises and knowledge checks.
You will be required to complete:
- The online theory modules and course.
- Complete and upload two supplementary credentials. (See below)
You are about to complete your Level 1 Introduction to Judging course for club’s and achieve a L1 Foundation Surf Judging accreditation, this accreditation has no expiry period or renewal fee. You can continue your surf education journey at any time.
To achieve the accreditation as a L1 Foundation Judge, you will need to upload the following documents/credentials to your personal Surfing Australia’s Learning centre/ membership portal:
- Surfing Australia L1 Introduction to Judging course certificate. The LMS will auto upload your certificate on completion of course to “Your Learning Centre” on your membership portal.
- Current Working with Children Check (Volunteer)
- Current state association membership
How To Enrol
- Login or create an account in Surfing Australia’s membership portal.
- Click on Events & Courses
- Click on Training & Courses
- Click on L1 – Introduction to Judging course.