2022 AGM NOMINATIONS FOR DIRECTORS
Surfing Queensland is calling for nominations of Interested Directors to be appointed at the June 2022 Annual General Meeting.
Interested candidates must meet the qualifications prescribed by the Board of Directors.
- Formal Tertiary Qualifications
- Commitment to the development of the Association
- Corporate experience at a senior management level
- Key experience in the non profit sector
- Key experience in the sports sector
- Ability to build commercial partnerships and attract sponsors
- A genuine interest and passion for the sport of surfing and the governance structures which are adopted by Surfing Queensland.
- Interested Directors should have a knowledge of the Association and its stakeholders.
- The Board has undertaken a commitment with the Queensland Government to maintain gender equality on the Board of Directors.
The Board is seeking one director with high level Federal and State Government relations within the sports sector and one director with extensive media and marketing experience. Minimum 10 years experience at senior level in these roles would be expected.
Applicants must hold a valid Blue Card for working with children, due to the number of events we run for juniors.
Initial term is for two years, and expiring Interested Directors may be re-elected.
Nominations of candidates for election must be made in writing, signed by two current members and accompanied by the written consent of the nominee, who must also be a current member.
Nominations must be delivered to Surfing Queensland no later than 18 May 2022.