- Cocobella is the official coconut water and yoghurt partner of the 2023 Gold Coast Open.
- The 2023 Gold Coast Open marks the return of professional surfing to Queensland.
- The three-day event will run from 17 – 19 February 2023 at Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast.
- The competition will be a World Surf League (WSL) QS1000 rated event, providing one of the first opportunities for competitors to secure points and qualify for the 2024 WSL Challenger Series.
- Burleigh Heads is one of surfing’s most iconic locations, providing world-class waves and a natural amphitheatre for spectators.
- Spectators and competitors can enjoy much more than world-class surfing with the inclusion of sunrise yoga & pilates, live music, food & drink vendors and a pop-up bar.
GOLD COAST, QUEENSLAND – Today Surfing Queensland and Cocobella announced their partnership, with Cocobella set to be the official coconut water and yoghurt partner to present one of surfing’s most anticipated annual events, the Gold Coast Open.
The 2023 Gold Coast Open, presented by Cocobella will mark the return of professional surfing to Queensland on 17 – 19 February 2023.
The 2023 Gold Coast Open will see the Australia / Oceania regional World Surf League (WSL) Qualifying Series (QS) return for a QS1000 rated event, providing one of the first opportunities for competitors to grab crucial points for their 2024 qualifying campaign.
Cocobella Head of Marketing, Phoebe Miller, said the team’s stoked to be partnering with the Gold Coast Open to hydrate and nourish Burleigh locals and world-class surfers alike with Australia’s favourite coconut water and yoghurt.
“At Cocobella we are massive believers in fuelling our bodies with real food to feel good from the inside out and can’t wait to spread our good vibes (and loads of tasty samples) with the region soon!”
The three-day event at Burleigh Heads is much more than a professional surfing competition, celebrating the surf and coastal culture the region is renowned for.
Surfing Queensland CEO, Adam Yates, said Cocobella is the perfect alignment with Surfing Queensland to deliver the 2023 Gold Coast Open.
“Cocobella is a product that so many surfers in Queensland trust and love,”said Yates. “It’s a great alignment as we both share the same values in promoting a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Surfing Queensland is thrilled to deliver the 2023 Gold Coast Open alongside Cocobella.”
Gold Coast Mayor Tom Tate said he’s looking forward to seeing some of the best male and female talent in action at Burleigh.
“It can’t get any better – fantastic surf off Burleigh, the best male and female athletes in the sport and a cracking festival brimming with activities on the shoreline,” said Mayor Tate. “That’s the Gold Coast Open and it’s back this year. Across the globe, Burleigh Headlands is renowned for its awesome point break and laid-back vibes.”
Spectators and athletes at the 2023 Gold Coast Open presented by Cocobella can enjoy live music, sunrise yoga and pilates, food trucks, pop-up beach bar and of course, world-class surfing.
Previous winners of the Burleigh-based event include Queenslanders Mick Fanning, Julian Wilson and Isabella Nichols, as well as other World Championship Tour surfers Sally Fitzgibbons, Taj Burrow and Owen Wright.
The 2023 Gold Coast Open presented by Cocobella is supported by the Queensland Government through Tourism and Events Queensland and features on the It’s Live! in Queensland events calendar.
The Gold Coast Open is proudly supported by Tourism and Events Queensland, Major Events Gold Coast, Cocobella, Blackroll, Travla, Southern Cross University, SeaFM and QMS Media.