Dear Surfers and Club Members,
Surfing Queensland is looking for enthusiastic casual event staff, including beach crew and judges, to work at our 2022/23 events which are held all-year-round on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
Most work will be weekends, but some will also be during the week.
Interested? Or know someone who might be?
Here’s what the beach crew role involves:
- Working on single or multi-day surfing events as an Event Staff Member
- Assisting in the setup and pack-down of event site infrastructure and equipment
- Operating the computer scoring system
- Assisting with media operations (photos, social media, etc)
- Working as a Beach Marshal to check surfers in for their heats
- Keeping the event trailer organised and tidy
- Running general errands throughout the day
- Working collaboratively with a team of event staff members
Additional skills will be highly regarded, such as event experience or education, first aid, surf lifesaving, experience with Live Heats, trade skills, etc.
To judge at Surfing Queensland events, you must hold a Foundation Judging Course.
If you’d like to apply for the Foundation Judging Course, you may do so here.
Working with Surfing Queensland provides a great opportunity to learn event management skills, as well as specific industry skills such as operating equipment, working with surfing event sponsors, photography and photo editing, social media and lots more.
If you’re interested, please email an intro and your resume to email@example.com