To all of our Queensland U18 surfer gals, listen up!
To celebrate the upcoming Womens Surf Festival on the Gold Coast, Surfing Queensland has partnered with the festival for the #U18QLDStyler2021 online surf comp.
The comp is your opportunity to be part of an ‘inspiration workshop’ at the festival, that will include Kirra Molnar (longboarder, strength trainer and surf coach), Belen Fuller (surf coach and former pro surfer) and others.
The first 25 entrants to the comp will receive an invitation to the workshop (suited for those aged 14-18 years, accompanied by their parent or guardian) on Sunday 12 September.
Plus, Surfing Queensland will be giving away three prize packs to the three best single manoeuvres contained in the entries. Each prize pack will contain a Nixon surf watch, board sock, waterproof speakers, and a board wax pack.
How to participate in the #U18QLDStyler2021
Take a short one-minute video of yourself styling the waves on your favourite board (shortboard or longboard) anytime throughout the month of August 2021.
Include in your post a few words telling us why you love what you do (passion) and a little about yourself (personality).
Any camera quality is allowed eg. home video camcorder, iPhone.
Must be submitted on or before 31 Aug 31 11:59pm AEST
Post your clips on Instagram with the hashtag #U18QLDStyler2021
Tag @WSF2021 & @surfingqueenslandinc along with your name, age, location.
- Jamie Jamieson, 16 yo, Currumbin, Gold Coast, QLD,
- I love surfing because….
- My personality can be described as …
- @WSF2021 @surfingqueenslandinc
- Free to enter
- Reside in Queensland and aged 12-18 years old (before 31 August 2021)
- Video Clip Usage: By entering the #U18QLDStyler2021 competition your video may be used across Womens Surf Festival and Surfing Queensland’s social media accounts
- Follow @WSF2021 and @ surfingqueenslandinc
- Must attend the Womens Surf Festival on 12 September 2021 to receive your prize
Further information can be found on the Womens Surf Festival event page.